Throughout the dental inspection your dentist will use special tools, tests, X-ray and clinical knowledge to recognize if there is a possible disease and any pathology. Following are the most common dental treatments:
• Bonding: Bonding is the name used to describe a procedure using a resin composite to "glue" materials to tooth surface to repair it. Bonding is usually used to repair chipped or cracked teeth.
• Dental Fillings: Dental fillings are used to repair damage to the tooth or teeth. After removal of the problematic tooth structure, the tooth is restored with one of several filling materials: gold, amalgam, composite resin (white filling material) or porcelain.
• Root canals: During the root canal treatment the infected tissue in the pulp chamber of the tooth root is removed. Antibacterial tooth filling is used to fill the resulting cavity and everything is covered with special hard filling or a crown.
• Dental Crowns: Dental crowns can restore to a large degree, spoilt or decayed teeth. Materials used for such crowns may include: gold, silver, metal, porcelain or a combination of porcelain and metal or alloys.
• Dental Bridges: Dental bridges replace lost teeth with synthetic substitutes. The bridge is held in position by composite materials that are anchored to neighbouring teeth.
• Dental implants: Dental implants are screws made of titanium or titanium alloy which are permanently connected to the bone. Such screw is then topped with ceramic tooth.
• Periodontal Treatment (gum disease treatment): Procedures involved may include plaque removal, teeth cleaning, flossing and use of specially prepared medicinal mouthwash. At later stages of disease more advanced techniques may be required.
To obtain more information please contact Alfa-Lek Dental Clinic in Warsaw. Our team of specialists is always happy to help.